Work with us
Field Organizer – Multiple Positions Available
The Kansas Democratic Party is hiring full-time organizers for a statewide coordinated field program. Organizers will be responsible for executing the statewide field plan within their assigned turf and will report to their Regional Field Director. As the local face of the Kansas Democratic Party, organizers must possess strong social skills, a desire to elect Democrats, and be committed to giving their best effort at all times.
Organizers will be expected to relocate to a city in Kansas and be prepared to run an office for the Kansas Democratic Party. Accordingly organizers must possess reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and most importantly the ability to be self-directed and to function independently.
Experience as an organizer or a fellow is desirable, but training will be held for all staff and those seeking their first job in politics are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify, recruit, and train groups of volunteers to conduct voter contact, registration and more
- Lead/train volunteers through the various phases of the campaign
- Ensure accurate collection and entry of data
- Provide the Regional Field Director with quantitative and qualitative reports as part of an ongoing evaluation of the program’s success
- Cooperate with County and District leaders to achieve shared goals and grow local organizations
- Hit all metrics/goals for volunteer recruitment, voter contact and other program elements
- Support local Democratic organizations by keeping office hours and lending help when available
Qualifications and Skills
- Understanding common technology with an emphasis on Google Docs, general use of Windows computers, familiarity with cell phones, Excel, and the ability to learn new tools
- Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and written
- This position includes great medical and dental coverage
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume and cover letter.
application to email@example.com.
Resumes will be accepted on a rolling basis. Candidates may be asked to interview as applications are reviewed.
We look forward to working with you!
Kansas Democratic Party Internships – University, College, or High School Campus
Responsibilities and Duties
- Recruiting, engaging, and mobilizing students to volunteer
- Registering as many students to vote as possible
- Utilizing social media to amplify our message
- Preparing and distributing promotional materials for events
- Coordinating with local KDP field offices and Democratic campaigns
- Prior experience canvassing, phone banking, and/or registering voters
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication
- Strong work ethic
- Passion for making positive social change
- Must be an enrolled student