Thanks for your interest in joining our team!
Please check back frequently — we will routinely add positions that may interest you.
For questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Political & Data Director
The Kansas Democratic Party (KDP) is looking for a skilled, versatile political professional up for the challenge of being dual-hatted as both the Political and Data Director. This person will report to the Executive Director and work closely with the Chair and other party officers. The Political aspect of the position focuses on building a powerful and effective grassroots political program for Kansas Democrats by both integrating our state, district, county, and local work and serving as the liaison between elected officials, congressional district committees, local Democratic committees, caucuses, constituency groups, coordinated campaigns, and other appropriate organizations. The Data function includes administering the statewide voter file database through VoteBuilder and providing analytics necessary for electoral success.
- Support 2020 campaigns with strategic planning and tactical training
- Work with KDP staff to ensure that Kansas Democrats have the support of key stakeholders, local leaders, opinion and newsmakers, and elected officials
- Build relationships with local leaders, allied organizations, key stakeholders, and activists in preparation for a statewide campaign effort
- Organize and conduct regular conference calls with allied groups (i.e. labor, environmental, immigration, faith, etc.)
- Act as an informational resource for candidates and campaign managers to help familiarize them with KDP practices and procedures
- Attend county and other party meetings to help grow the KDP throughout the state
- Organize, plan, and execute all functions at State Committee meetings as required by state party bylaws
- Act as a liaison between the Executive Director, Chair, and county party chairs
- Develop training programs on grassroots organizing, precinct work, and candidates, county chairs, and Executive Committee members
- Provide support to county chairs, caucus chairs, precinct committee members, and Democratic activists
- Individually contact the chairs of county parties and caucuses each month and provide a report of conversations to the Executive Director
- Create files for each organized Democratic county party in Kansas for use by the KDP and campaigns identifying key stakeholders, local leaders, opinion and newsmakers, and elected officials who affect the electoral landscape within each county
- Maintain Kansas’ Voter File with VAN in partnership with the Democratic National Committee
- Provide real time customer support and troubleshooting for VAN users and committees
- Execute quarterly data hygiene tasks to ensure the highest level of accuracy and the pruning of expired data
- Create and establish training programs for VAN with a focus on digital adoption
- Maintain the Voter History SQL Database and Arbor data
- Track and disseminate analysis of voter contact results, early vote and absentee turnout, voter registration, and other data relevant to campaigns and caucuses
- Create and maintain survey questions, activist codes, and other VoteBuilder infrastructure
- Maintain the state party’s My Campaign database on VoteBuilder
- Provide timely and relevant analysis of data and field requests for specialized projects, many of which require rapid turnaround
- Collect raw political data from sources such as county boards of elections and convert information into usable forms for analysis, scrubbing and matching acquired lists back to the voter file
- Bachelor’s degree
- Comprehensive understanding of political campaign principles and tactics
- Knowledge of Kansas political landscape with experience working on a legislative, statewide, or federal campaign
- In-depth experience with NGP VAN
- Ability to work long days and irregular hours under tight deadlines, including some evenings, weekends, and travel
- Strong oral and written communication skills; organized, responsible, and strong attention to detail
- Good time management skills and ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Approach problem solving with creativity and initiative
- Experience working collaboratively with groups who have competing needs
- Ability to perform and even thrive in high stress, conflictual situations and produce solutions
How to Apply Interested persons should send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to Info@KansasDems.org with the subject: “Political & Data Director.” Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Southwest Kansas Organizer
The Kansas Democratic Party (KDP) is seeking a hard-working, dedicated, and motivated individual to serve as its organizer in Southwest Kansas. This is a full-time position based in southwestern Kansas (Dodge City, Garden City, Liberal) with responsibilities across Kansas’ First Congressional District. We seek a diverse applicant pool and strongly encourage people from historically underrepresented communities to apply.
Salary Range: $3,000/mo
Position Duties and Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
County Party Organization, including:
● Organizing new county parties in Kansas’ First Congressional District
● Helping county parties develop effective organizational models, robust precinct organizing efforts, strong volunteer bases, good leaders, successful fundraising plans and budgets, improved voter files, good candidate recruitment programs, and well‑trained campaign volunteers
● Identifying, recruiting, and training groups of volunteers to conduct voter contact through door knocking and phone calls
● Leading and training volunteers on things like VoteBuilder, voter registration, and voter contact techniques such as leading phone banks and canvasses
● Organizing constituent groups through roundtables and one-on-ones
● Ensuring accurate collection and entry of data
● Overseeing a robust Get Out the Vote effort aimed at increasing voter turnout among Democrats and Democratic-leaning voters in November 2019 and 2020 elections
● Organizing workshops on precinct organizing, volunteer recruitment, leadership development, fundraising, planning and budgeting, message delivery, improving the voter file, campaign skills, and Get Out The Vote efforts.
Candidate recruitment and training, including:
● Recruiting candidates to run for local office in November 2019 election and for state house and state senate in November 2020 election
● Conducting regular training sessions for candidates and their volunteers, on topics such as campaign management, VoteBuilder and other technology, field organizing, fundraising, social media, and messaging and communications
Voter Registration, including:
● Organizing teams to register voters at hot spots including places of employment, high schools and community colleges, and community events
● Recruiting, training, and organizing volunteer teams to conduct door-to-door voter registration
● Establishing a system whereby newly registered voters are contacted frequently to ensure they remain engaged and informed
Other duties as assigned
● Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
● Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
● Willingness to travel extensively and work long hours, including nights and weekends as needed
● Access to a car
● Some political organizing/advocacy experience organizing in diverse communities
● Strongly prefer bilingual in Spanish and English, but not a requirement
● Ability to become proficient on voter database systems such as VoteBuilder
● Proficient with computers, including use of Google Docs and Excel, and the ability to learn to use new technology tools as required
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please list “SW KS organizer” in the subject line. Position will be open until filled and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a salaried position with health and PTO benefits.
The Kansas Democratic Party (KDP) is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive workplace. The KDP is dedicated to achieving equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or disability.