Thanks for your interest in joining our team!
Please check back frequently — we will routinely add positions that may interest you.
For questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
Southwest Kansas Organizer
The Kansas Democratic Party (KDP) is seeking a hard-working, dedicated, and motivated individual to serve as its organizer in Southwest Kansas. This is a full-time position based in southwestern Kansas (Dodge City, Garden City, Liberal) with responsibilities across Kansas’ First Congressional District. We seek a diverse applicant pool and strongly encourage people from historically underrepresented communities to apply.
Salary Range: $3,000/mo
Position Duties and Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
County Party Organization, including:
● Organizing new county parties in Kansas’ First Congressional District
● Helping county parties develop effective organizational models, robust precinct organizing efforts, strong volunteer bases, good leaders, successful fundraising plans and budgets, improved voter files, good candidate recruitment programs, and well‑trained campaign volunteers
● Identifying, recruiting, and training groups of volunteers to conduct voter contact through door knocking and phone calls
● Leading and training volunteers on things like VoteBuilder, voter registration, and voter contact techniques such as leading phone banks and canvasses
● Organizing constituent groups through roundtables and one-on-ones
● Ensuring accurate collection and entry of data
● Overseeing a robust Get Out the Vote effort aimed at increasing voter turnout among Democrats and Democratic-leaning voters in November 2019 and 2020 elections
● Organizing workshops on precinct organizing, volunteer recruitment, leadership development, fundraising, planning and budgeting, message delivery, improving the voter file, campaign skills, and Get Out The Vote efforts.
Candidate recruitment and training, including:
● Recruiting candidates to run for local office in November 2019 election and for state house and state senate in November 2020 election
● Conducting regular training sessions for candidates and their volunteers, on topics such as campaign management, VoteBuilder and other technology, field organizing, fundraising, social media, and messaging and communications
Voter Registration, including:
● Organizing teams to register voters at hot spots including places of employment, high schools and community colleges, and community events
● Recruiting, training, and organizing volunteer teams to conduct door-to-door voter registration
● Establishing a system whereby newly registered voters are contacted frequently to ensure they remain engaged and informed
Other duties as assigned
● Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
● Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
● Willingness to travel extensively and work long hours, including nights and weekends as needed
● Access to a car
● Some political organizing/advocacy experience organizing in diverse communities
● Strongly prefer bilingual in Spanish and English, but not a requirement
● Ability to become proficient on voter database systems such as VoteBuilder
● Proficient with computers, including use of Google Docs and Excel, and the ability to learn to use new technology tools as required
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list “SW KS organizer” in the subject line. Position will be open until filled and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a salaried position with health and PTO benefits.
The Kansas Democratic Party (KDP) is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive workplace. The KDP is dedicated to achieving equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or disability.