Thanks for your interest in joining our team!
Please check back frequently — we will routinely add positions that may interest you.
For questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
The Kansas 2020 Coordinated Campaign Director will be responsible for designing, managing, implementing, and executing the full voter contact program featuring a highly-watched, targeted U.S. Senate race, four competitive congressional races, opportunities to flip control in the Kansas legislature, and elect Democrats at the local level in all of Kansas’ counties. They will manage the coordination between multiple campaigns across the ballot and a variety of local, statewide, and national stakeholders. The candidate should possess at least two cycles of senior-level campaign experience in federal, statewide, or advocacy campaigns.
- Work with senior staff to design and implement field plans for registration, persuasion, early vote and GOTV, including volunteer recruitment, site-based and door-to-door canvassing, grassroots phone banks, and other engagement efforts
- Lead all aspects of the programs, including hiring and management of program staff, management of volunteers, script design, geography selection and targeting
- Design, implement and/or lead trainings for program staff and volunteers
- Provide regular updates to senior campaign staff and stakeholders
- Collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders in the state to ensure that the field program takes into consideration key priorities
- Ensure that all field activities are properly recorded and tracked in VAN. Work closely with the data team to develop metrics and progress reports for all program activity
- Plan, draft, and track program budgets
- Develop an understanding of campaign-finance and other applicable state and federal laws to ensure appropriate compliance
- Work with other departments to ensure that all outreach and voter contact activities closely align with the goals and principles of the coordinated campaign and the Kansas Democratic Party
- At least two cycles of senior-level campaign experience, particularly related to field programs and/or volunteer-based outreach programs
- Ability to hire and manage diverse staff and volunteers remotely using a metrics-driven approach
- Ability to mediate between and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Proficient in VAN; experience with SQL a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while remaining detail-oriented and focused on deadlines
- General understanding of campaign-finance laws and other applicable federal and state regulations governing coordinated campaigns
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact the Kansas Democratic Party at email@example.com for any accommodations you may need for the application and interview process.
Salary: $5,500/month with additional benefits
The Kansas Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer, and employs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, family medical status or genetic information, military service, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, height, weight, creed, economic status or disability.
The Kansas Democratic Party (KDP) is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive workplace. The KDP is dedicated to achieving equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or disability.