Any student enrolled in a secondary or postsecondary institution, or recent graduate, is eligible to apply.
Internships are open to all majors, although strong oral and written communication, as well as a basic understanding of political processes, is preferred.
We offer a variety of opportunities throughout our Finance, Political, Communications, and Field divisions. Interns are expected to learn aspects of each division, and may be placed in a specific division that aligns with their skillset and the needs of the KDP.
You are able to serve as an intern without seeking course credit. If you would like to earn course credit through a secondary or postsecondary institution, then the KDP will work with you and the institution. All internships are unpaid positions.
The KDP Director of Operations will work with prospective candidates in order to determine a weekly schedule. Interns will work out of the KDP Headquarters in downtown Topeka, and may be offered opportunities to work from home.
The KDP Director of Operations will work with prospective candidates in order to determine a weekly schedule. Interns will work out of KDP Headquarters in downtown Topeka, and may be offered opportunities to work from home.
If you prefer, you may mail or email your resume, cover letter, and brief writing sample.
Director of Operations
P.O. Box 1914
Topeka, KS 66601
Subject: “KDP Internship”
Kansas Democratic Party Internships – University, College, or High School Campus
Responsibilities and Duties
- Recruiting, engaging, and mobilizing students to volunteer
- Registering as many students to vote as possible
- Utilizing social media to amplify our message
- Preparing and distributing promotional materials for events
- Coordinating with local KDP field offices and Democratic campaigns
- Prior experience canvassing, phone banking, and/or registering voters
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication
- Strong work ethic
- Passion for making positive social change
- Must be an enrolled student
Resumes will be accepted on a rolling basis. Candidates may be asked to interview as applications are reviewed.
We look forward to working with you!