[Last updated July 12, 2019]
The Kansas Democratic Party’s Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to the Kansas Democratic Party. To better protect your privacy, the Kansas Democratic Party provides this notice to explain our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on the Kansas Democratic Party homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
The Information The Kansas Democratic Party Collects
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the Kansas Democratic Party website. You can register with the Kansas Democratic Party website if you would like to receive updates, make a contribution, volunteer, or participate in an action. The information you submit through our online forms on the Kansas Democratic Party website, via email, by way of making purchases or donations, interacting on social media, or through any other request may be used to contact you through email, social media applications, postal mail, or via phone call or SMS text message.
The types of personal information collected on these pages are as follows:
Credit/Debit Card Information
The Way The Kansas Democratic Party Uses Information
The Kansas Democratic Party uses return email addresses to answer the email the party receives. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with parties outside the Democratic Party. The Kansas Democratic Party may also obtain information from outside sources and combine it with the information we collect through the Kansas Democratic Party website, including from voter file data from state parties and other organizations, from public databases, and from private organizations. Information provided to the Kansas Democratic Party may be used for Facebook Ad targeting.
The Kansas Democratic Party may use your information for various purposes including to:
- Connect you to Kansas Democratic Party programs, events, and activities, and obtain and confirm RSVPs to events and programs
- Improve, maintain, and operate the Kansas Democratic Party’s website, send you receipts, confirmations, updates, notices, and messages regarding support and administration
- Provide and deliver news and information the Kansas Democratic Party thinks will interest you, such as information about relevant issues, resources, events, campaigns, candidates, events, promotions, products, and services
- Provide information or products that you request and process and complete such transactions
- Respond to your emails, requests, comments, submissions, and questions, and provide customer service, request feedback, and otherwise communicate with you regarding your use of the Kansas Democratic Party’s website
- Help connect you with other Kansas Democrats, and to solicit donations, support, and volunteers
- Monitor and analyze trends and site usage and provide features and content that match your interests based on the information you provide and your actions on the Kansas Democratic Party website
- To manage the Kansas Democratic Party’s business
- To notify you of changes to the Kansas Democratic Party website
- Contact you if required by Federal election laws.
- For any other purpose for which the information was collected
- To communicate with you, including through newsletters and email notifications, confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, as well as regarding support and administrative messages that you may request. The Kansas Democratic Party wants to communicate with you only if you want to hear from the Kansas Democratic Party. The Kansas Democratic Party will give you the ability to opt in to any marketing communications the Kansas Democratic Party sends. You may also elect to receive certain marketing email communications, in accordance with your preferences, and from which you may opt out at any time by adjusting your notification settings or using the “unsubscribe” link in the relevant correspondence.
As required by the Federal Election Commission, the Kansas Democratic Party must also collect and disclose the name, address, occupation, and employer of all donors whose donations may exceed $200 each election cycle.
The Kansas Democratic Party may also use third-party services such as Google Analytics. This helps the Kansas Democratic Party understand traffic patterns and know if there are any issues with the Kansas Democratic Party website.
Finally, the Kansas Democratic Party never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing the user with an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
The Kansas Democratic Party’s Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, the Kansas Democratic Party has put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information the Kansas Democratic Party collects online.
How To Contact The Kansas Democratic Party
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please call the Kansas Democratic Party at (785) 234-0425 or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.