April 29, 2021
PRESIDENT BIDEN HAS TAKEN MAJOR STRIDES IN BUILDING AMERICA BACK IN HIS FIRST 100 DAYS
Topeka, KS — Today, on President Biden’s 100th day in office, the Kansas Democratic Party is celebrating the major strides our country has made thanks to the leadership of President Joe Biden. In his first 100 days in office, President Biden and Democrats have delivered on a number of promises to the American people: vaccinating America to beat the pandemic, delivering much-needed help to American families, making transformative investments to rescue and rebuild our economy, and fundamentally showing that government can deliver for its people.
Thanks to President Biden, Kansas – and the rest of the country – is back on track. In just 100 days, President Biden has achieved various major accomplishments, including:
- Putting money in the pockets of more than 1.8 million adults and 740,000 children in Kansas to put food on the table, catch up on household payments and so much more.
- Provided over 230 million vaccine doses to Americans. More than half of US adults have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, including over 38% of Kansans.
- Created well over a million jobs just last month, and launched the ambitious American Jobs Plan to create millions more.
- Cut taxes for families with children, so that families will get a $3,600 tax credit for each child under 18, helping cut child poverty in half and supporting more than 29,000 Kansas children.
- Announced the landmark American Families Plan to help parents get affordable childcare, help students pay for college, cut healthcare costs for Americans, and get caregivers the support they need.
And we’re only 100 days in!
“In his first 100 days, President Biden acted to get America back on track by addressing the crises facing this nation. Thanks to the leadership of President Biden and Democrats nationwide, working families bearing the brunt of this crisis have received up to $1,400 direct checks in the mail, thousands more in individual benefits, and access to more affordable health care. With the effective distribution of vaccines and the aid in the American Rescue Plan, Americans across the country are beginning to go back to work, small businesses are able to keep their doors open, and Americans’ lives are beginning to return to normal.” – KDP Chairwoman Vicki Hiatt
Paid for by the Kansas Democratic Party, Yolanda Taylor, Treasurer
Kansas Democratic Party
501 SE Jefferson St
Topeka, KS 66607