December 17, 2019
KDP Hiring Presidential Primary Director
Topeka, KS – The Kansas Democratic Party seeks a Presidential Primary Director to manage the 2020 Kansas Democratic Party-Run Presidential Primary and assist in the Delegate Selection process and convention planning. This is a full-time, temporary, exempt position.
This position is based in Topeka, KS, is highly collaborative, will require travel, and is crucial to the Kansas Democratic Party successfully carrying out its first Party-Run Presidential Primary.
Dates of Employment: January 1, 2020 through July 31, 2020
Position responsibilities include:
- Managing delegate operations and ballot access for presidential campaigns
- Working with congressional district chairs and county parties to identify sufficient and appropriate polling locations for each State Senate district according to standards of accessibility outlined in the Kansas Democratic Party’s Delegate Selection Plan
- Creating, distributing, and promoting educational materials for the Party-Run Primary for every registered Kansas Democrat
- Procuring and maintaining machines responsible for vote tabulation
- Working with seasoned election officials and administrators to ensure best practices and procedures are established and maintained for handling, counting, and storing ballots
- Managing statewide trainings to ensure best practices and procedures are followed at in-person voting locations
- Administering the vote-by-mail program, which includes but is not limited to daily collection, tabulation, and storage of mail-in ballots
- Guaranteeing ballots cast at in-person voting locations are handled appropriately and transported in a timely fashion
- Overseeing tabulation and possible re-tabulation of ballots
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to manage various multifaceted tasks at any given time
- Able to fully understand, implement, and train others on best practices and procedures for handling ballots
- The ability to work with confidential and/or sensitive information
- Good time management skills
- Ability to travel and work nights and weekends as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater preferred, but not required
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to Info@KansasDems.org. Please include “Presidential Primary Director” in the subject line. Position will be open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Kansas Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive workplace. The Kansas Democratic Party is dedicated to achieving equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, or disability.