October 23, 2019
Pompeo and Ivanka Can’t Spin Trump’s Broken Promises to Working Kansans
Ahead of Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Ivanka Trump’s event tomorrow in Wichita, Kansas Democratic Party Chair Vicki Hiatt released the following statement:
Wichita, KS – “Nothing Trump’s administration says can erase his broken promises to Kansans,” said KDP Chair Vicki Hiatt. “His tax scam spikes our deficit and will raise taxes on hard working families while giving more handouts to powerful corporations. He’s sabotaged our health care at every turn and, in the Trump economy, only the wealthy and well-connected get ahead. In 2020, voters will hold him accountable.”
Here’s the truth on Trump’s record of broken promises to working Kansans:
- While campaigning in Wichita, Trump promised Kansans he would deliver “great health care at a fraction of the cost.”
- If Trump successfully overturns the Affordable Care Act, more than 60,000 Kansans could lose their health coverage — alongside millions of Americans across the country.
- Without protections under the Affordable Care Act, more than 1.2 million Kansans with pre-existing conditions could have been denied coverage or charged higher rates.
- Trump’s FY20 budget would slash nearly $1.5 trillion from Medicaid, a program that provides health coverage for about 14% of Kansans.
- Trump’s tax law will raise taxes on more than 350,000 Kansans, while handing massive breaks to large corporations.
- Despite promising to keep jobs at home, Trump’s tax scam incentivizes corporations to ship jobs overseas.