Voters can vote by mail prior to election day in the state of Kansas
In order to do so, you must complete an application for an advance ballot and include your driver’s license number or a copy of your photo identification. The deadline to submit advance voting applications to your county election official is July 26 for the 2022 Primary Election. Ballots will be mailed to those who apply beginning July 13 for the 2022 Primary Election. All ballots MUST be postmarked on or before Election Day and received in the county election office by the close of business on the Friday following the election.
Steps to Vote Early By Mail
1. You must file an application. Application deadline is July 26, 2022 for the August 2, 2022 Primary Election.
2. The application requires:
- A personal signature on the application (this signature should be consistent with your signature on the voter registration list)
- A submission of a legible Kansas driver’s license number or legible photo copy of your driver’s license or non-driver’s license or valid photographic identification document.
FYI: If any of the information, including the photo ID is illegible or inconsistent with the information on the voter list, a voter may not receive a regular advance ballot.
Pro tip: If you’re having trouble getting a clear copy of your ID, you can reach out to your county election office for ideas or options near you! A local library is always a great resource to make a copy.
If you applied for an advanced ballot and you have not received it, we recommend that you reach out to your local election office to check on the status of your advanced ballot application.
3. You then must personally mail or deliver the advanced ballot to the election office. Your ballot must be postmarked by Election Day, and has to be received by the Friday after Election Day. You can also bring your advanced ballot to the county election office or any polling location within the county by the time the polls close on Election Day.
If you have any questions, the Voter Assistance Hotline is happy to help!